- What are the types of On-Demand Delivery Apps?
- How To Develop an On-Demand Delivery App?
- Which key features need to be added to the On-Demand Delivery Apps
- What is the execution flow of the app?
Locking then Unlocking goes on since Covid-19 affected the world; it will continue until it gets control. Following instructions from the Government and WHO to maintain social distance and be at home as much as possible, we are following advertently. Our daily routines are now changing completely as the quarantine period extends.
If something closes the door, it opens a window of chance; vendors have closed the shops for a while and moved their business online. During the lockdown time, there has been observed huge demand and fame for on-demand apps. During the lockdown time, huge demand and inquiries for on-demand apps at web and mobile app development companies have been observed. It is because people have demanded daily products to get home deliveries by the on-demand delivery apps. Therefore, it has been found as a vital expansion between Covid-19.
On-demand food delivery apps have started grocery delivery since the delivery of food products is the grave priority. Not only that, other retailers have moved their businesses online and accepted the on-demand delivery business pattern by identifying people’s needs. On-demand food delivery app development highly progressed because of Zomato, Uber Eats, Swiggy, and more.
What are the types of On-Demand Delivery Apps?
It depends on what class of users are involved in administering the service with on-demand apps, and it can be divided into three types:
- Business to Consumer
- Business to Business and
- Person to person
- Business to Consumer
B2C apps enable transactions of services or products between providers and consumers. For example, companies that can deliver products from their stores or food courts can utilize the Business to Consumer model. For example, Pizzahut.
- Business to Business
B2B on-demand apps have developed to connect enterprises with enterprises. Apps can either serve a single industry or various sectors. Service providers and receivers have no concern with end-users of the service or product in this model.
- Person to Person
Person to Person on-demand apps associate end-users with end-users. Users create offers for other user’s products or services to buy in this P2P model. For example, create a referral for other users/friends.
How To Develop an On-Demand Delivery App?
1. Collect Specifications
The very basic point to focus on for web and mobile app development is to collect specifications. Therefore, you need to collect the data that you want to apply in your app. There are various methods to acquire data; questionnaires and surveys, interviews, observations, oral questions-answers, more.
Here, we have few questions, for example,
- Is your purpose unique?
- Do you have any competitors in the business?
- Do you find any scope for success?
- Who will be the end-users of the app?
- What features can make your app excel among opponents?
- What protection customs do you want to insert into the app?
- How much money do you want to invest in this project? (Budget: intermediate level or advanced level)
2. User Interface Designs
Moving onto the next level, to develop user interfaces for your on-demand delivery app. Start with wireframe creating for application and working on a prototype to align a project. Then, the designs should be shared with clients in face to face and get reviews on the design and its development.
3. MVP Development
The third important step is to develop an MVP, a product with the least features designed for initial testing and additional product change. Finally, you can give the MVP for your product to your client, get feedback about the app, and ask for improvisation. It reduces errors in the ultimate deployment of the app launch as a prolific project.
The final step is development. Once the client confirmed MVP, time to develop an original application. Use agile development methods to develop various emphases of the product and confirm that the last version is improved and great. After all the testing and development procedure, deploy the product to the App Store/Play Store to affect it to the business. Outsourcing app development companies would be a good idea to get a product ready. Hire mobile app developers who can develop your project at fixed costs.
Which key specialities require to be appended to the On-Demand Delivery Apps?
Some features play a crucial role in using an on-demand app, but it depends on who will use it and the features to add or subtract. So first, let’s categorize the user role; End-user, Delivery Provider, Administrator. Involving custom mobile app development in an on-demand delivery app for startups is the extreme support nowadays.
- End-User A user who can access the app for buying products or services.
- Delivery Provider A delivery executive or hub of executives can access the app and are responsible for delivering products and services to the users.
- Administrator An admin or management group can access the app to monitor the functionality and features of the same.
Features of the End-Users’ App
- Sign Up Sign up is the access door to the app, and users can utilize services on the app vary after the signup process.
- Placing an Order Users pick the product or service they look for and check their prices, availability. Once an item is selected, a user needs to add it to the cart and place an order with required information like name, delivery address, contact number, and delivery time slot.
- Search Box The search part should be placed in the on-demand delivery app to find products or services by the users.
- Schedule delivery A very new and unique feature that allows users to schedule their delivery time slot. Thus, the on-demand delivery app provides perks.
- Tracking your order Users can easily check their status using the tracking feature. Thus, a user gets tracking details in actual time, and that’s what on-demand app development companies give transparent features and functionalities.
- Push Notifications Push notification is a vital part of an on-demand app that provides various information like due time on delivery, courier locations, discounts and offers and payment status.
- Review and Rating Its feedback is opposite to order delivery by the customers or users. Suppose you are the on-demand delivery app, then it’s good to know what feedback is coming from your users through the ratings and review system.
- In-App Chat Somehow if required to know the status of orders, in-app chat features help them interact with couriers about the delivery.
- Order history Order history reduces users’ effort for finding items, but they can go to history and repeat the same. So it saves users’ time too.
- Payment Payment is a common feature which is provided by all shopping apps or on-demand service apps to users. A user can choose payment like digital wallets, credit cards, debit cards, and cash on delivery.
- GPS feature Nowadays, GPS-based apps are developing for user comforts. Users have a choice to find services or products based on their location. For example, they can use the GPS feature for finding nearby package delivery providers, restaurants and stores.
- Contactless Delivery Because of Covid situation overall countries, on-demand apps partners have begun presenting a non-contacting delivery choice. For example, an app includes a non-contacting delivery option that users could set orders courageously and stay safe.
Features of the Delivery Provider App
- Register Courier group signs up for the on-demand mobile app delivery app. A group or a delivery executive profile requires to be confirmed by the admin to accept delivery orders.
- Order Management Delivery providers can control their orders from start to end. They can check and accept delivery orders at their convenience.
- GPS Guide GPS guide makes it easier for delivery executives and therefore on-demand delivery apps should have GPS features to support executives, and they can reach faster.
- In-App Chat Delivery executives have been given a right to chat with customers if they face difficulty finding a location using an in-app chat feature.
- Order Records It’s easier for courier providers to track each order’s records and status. Thus, a provider can access the order record feature for tracking well.
- Contactless Delivery This one is really helpful for both delivery riders to send the parcel at the customer door and take a picture from the place that the parcel has dropped to the customer and share it with both the customer and admin for delivery confirmation. Then, a customer receives the notification and picks up the item with non-contact. This one is a customized feature and custom app development is welcome to enhance innovation in the product.
Features of the Administrator App
Administrator’s responsibility to manage the app with various tasks.
- Content Management Content management is about managing content shown in the app. An administrator can add the products and services to be offered. They can update prices, delivery slots, contact info. and more.
- Order Management Admins can manage all orders created, delivered, or cancelled and customers’ review along with payment reports. Order management feature helps them to make decisions to enhance the income of the business.
- Customer care module Admins should have a customer support unit in their mobile or web app to manage customers’ issues and communicate.
- Real-time tracking Admins can track the delivery of orders in actual time and observe the rider’s behaviour, taking how much time for delivery and reasons for order cancellations.
- Analytics of App Usage On-demand delivery apps can have a control panel for analytics of app usage. For example, administrators can monitor the rise/decline in user base, successful orders’ status and many more.
What is the execution flow of the app?
- Request The user’s request to get the product or service and confirm its availability.
- Approve The providers receive requests from the users and confirm the orders by checking the availability of a product or service.
- Track A user receives a confirmation via notification, and then he/she can track their order on a map within the app.
- Product/Service Delivery The user receives the product or services they ordered. For example, it could be a grocery item, plumbing service.
- Rate The customer gives the rates and reviews about the services or products they received and writes feedback on the app directly.
On-demand apps are the present and future of all the services and products providers. And as soon as they have their on-demand service apps. Mobile app development services providing companies welcoming your unique concept for developing on-demand apps. So if you are looking to expand your business with on-demand services, it is time to grab the opportunity now. You might have a tough time during the lockdown period and suffer ups and downs in business, but the digital market still has an opportunity to bang on in the market. Hire mobile app developers to bring your business offline to online. Request a free quote today!